Career Opportunity: Project Development Manager
The Great Lakes Protection Fund seeks a new member of its program team. This individual will work with experts, those seeking financial support, Fund staff, and others to design, vet, and launch innovative approaches to protect and restore the ecological health of the Great Lakes. The emphasis will be to identify and develop new project teams to create and test regional innovations that will make a positive difference for the basin.
This individual will identify project opportunities, build project teams, conduct due diligence on requests for support, review submissions from project teams, and draft recommendations for staff and Board action. S/he will travel to project locations to evaluate applications and spot new opportunities. S/he is a key member of the program team in our Evanston, IL office. S/he reports to the Vice President of Programs and supervises no staff.
Duties will include:
- Identifying opportunities for collaborative teams to improve the health of the Great Lakes,
- Interacting with members of potential project teams to develop and execute project plans,
- Reviewing and evaluating submissions by existing grantees and grant applicants,
- Building and maintaining a network of experts and advisors,
- Tracking and monitoring requests for financing and/or active grants,
- Supporting decision-making by the Fund’s Board of Directors
The Right Person
If you are committed to making a difference in the health of the Great Lakes, enjoy discovering creative solutions to difficult problems, keep the big picture and details in mind simultaneously, work best with a small team of professionals, and have a solid record of accomplishment, please apply.
An ideal candidate is a mature professional that:
- Has the capacity to turn ideas into action in a team environment,
- Can see the next big breakthrough,
- Is a systems thinker, an explorer, a detective, and a diplomat,
- Has a strong record of accomplishment and a proven ability to work independently,
- Has an advanced degree and over ten years of professional experience in more than one sector,
- Has experience building new businesses, programs, technologies or initiatives,
- Is able to travel freely and explore these projects in person,
- Is comfortable with a wide range of people and circumstances,
- Is familiar with Great Lakes environmental issues,
- Is able to work independently and as a member of a team,
- Is a self starter and highly organized,
- Is an outstanding fit with the Fund team, and
- Has an enduring sense of humor.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
You may also download a pdf of this position summary.
- Career Opportunities
- Notices and Announcements