Join Our Team – We are Hiring!
We’re looking for a communications manager to join our team, where big ideas turn into big impact to shape the future of fresh water. In this role, you will use your project management and content development skills to attract talented people with compelling ideas for the Great Lakes and drive the ongoing adoption of their innovative solutions.
As part of the Fund’s program team, you will work across the organization and with outside consultants to execute our communications strategy; manage our corporate identity and content on all platforms; manage a network of contractors, consultants, and media; advise our project teams’ strategic communication efforts; and present updates to our board of directors.
Your ability to manage multiple long-term initiatives and speak and write in an accessible, human voice will be vital in creating compelling narratives about our thirty years of positive impact for the Great Lakes.
When safe to do so, you will work from our office in Evanston, IL. We also expect you will want to travel to meet with our teams, listen for important trends at conferences, and get to know our network of consultants.
The ideal candidate is a mature professional—part racecar driver, part brainstormer, and part data nerd. This person’s skill set will include:
- Master’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field;
- Seven to ten years professional experience in nonprofit communications, preferably with expertise in natural resource protection and water resources;
- Proven success in communications strategies and brand building;
- Superior writing and editing skills, and a stickler for grammar, content efficiency, messaging nuance, and data-driven visuals;
- Demonstrated experience managing a virtual team of communications consultants;
- Strong working knowledge of social media best practices and web trends;
- High level of technical literacy including WordPress, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, Office 365, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Givingdata;
- Strong time management, budgeting, and organizational skills;
- Self-starter, team player, confident communicator, and lifelong learner;
- Passion for the environment and making the world a better place; and
- An enduring sense of humor.
If you enjoy discovering creative solutions to complex problems, thrive in a small team, and have a solid record of accomplishment, please apply. Love of the Great Lakes and baking skills are welcomed.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Career Opportunities